Well known brand with rice best control of blast at all growth stages
• Beam contains the active ingredient, Tricyclazole, belonging to melanin biosynthesis inhibitors.
• It is currently sold and registered in 19 countries
• Beam provides best control of blast at all growth stages.
• It has prophylactic action.
• Highly systemic with xylem mobility-good leaf and root uptake
• No resistance issues reported till date
Rice (Oryza sativa)
Beam provides control of Leaf, Stem and Panicle blast disease.
300 - 400 gm beam per hectare for foliar spray and
Refer to the Product Label for complete product efficacy information.
Mode of Action
• Tricyclazole inhibits polyhydroxynapthaline reductase enzyme and thus inhibiting melanin formation in fungi (Pyricularia grisea).
• In the absence of melanin, appressoria fails to produce penetrating hypha or penetration hypha fails to penetrate into host tissue. Hence disease is not allowed to spread.
• It does not allow the fungus to establish by preventing its entry into the plant system.
• It is highly systemic in action thus it is rapidly gets absorbed by rice leaves and roots and is translocated toward the leaf tip which suggests its xylem transport.
• There is also movement from a treated leaf to non-treated younger leaves.