Worlds largest selling rice herbicide for ensuring best control of weeds.
• It contains active ingredient, a member of Triazolopyrimidine Sulfonamide family.
• Penxsulam is the largest selling rice herbicide in the world, used in all major rice growing countries.
• Penoxsulam has been given a Reduced Risk Herbicide status by United States Environment Protection Agency (USEPA).
• It controls key grass (annual species of Echinochloa), broadleaf and sedge weeds.
• It is completely safe to the rice crop as well as succeeding crops at recommended dose.
Rice (Oryza sativa)
Granite provides Broad spectrum control of weeds in transplanted rice. Please check the label for entire list of weeds.
83.3 - 104.2 ml per hectare
Barnyardgrass Watergrass (Echinochloa crus-galli)
Gooseweed (Sphenoclea zeylanica)
Junglegrass (Echinochloa colonum)
Monochoria (Monochoria spp.)
Refer to the Product Label for complete product efficacy information.
Mode of Action
• Granite causes death of target weeds by inhibiting the plant enzyme Aceto Lactate Synthase (ALS).
• Inhibition of ALS stops synthesis of amino acids which affects protein synthesis and cell division ultimately leading to death of target weeds.
• Granite provides dual action to control target weeds:
• Its application at 1-3 leaf stage which generally coincides with 8-12 days after transplanting, controls germinated weeds present in the field (1st action).
• Application at this stage also reduces fresh germination of weeds which was expected to come from subsequent flushes of weeds (2nd action).